GoodPeople events fall into three main categories:
- GoodPeople Japan events – larger ‘mixer’ events where I bring any GPJ group members available together to meet each other and explain the micro-events concept
- ‘Micro-networking’ events – the main purpose of the group is for members to propose event themes/subjects, see how many people are interested and confirm a coffee/breakfast/lunch/drink/dinner meeting together around that subject (Includes Jason introducing someone to someone else in his network)
- Social events – anytime we do a shinenkai (new year kick off party), bonenkai (end of year party) or other events without a business networking theme
|NEXT EVENT:||THE TUCKA THE IRISH, TOO! *INVITE ONLY|
The most common ‘micro-event’ by far is me introducing my network to each other. Ideally in person and with the hope that I’m kept in the loop and even involved where agreed. It is very common for me to introduce people I feel would benefit meeting each other, or at the request of one person to introduce them to someone in the group or within my network. (not all of my network are members of ‘GoodPeople Japan’!) You could call it:
“Jason, can you introduce me to [Good ‘person’ in Japan]?”
Other past events:
- PERUVIAN DINNER – GOODPEOPLE JAPAN (INVITE ONLY)
- THE TUCKA THE IRISH! (AND A FEW STRONG PEERS) *INVITE ONLY
- PAYMENTS AND FINTECH PROFESSIONALS INDUSTRY MEETUP (INVITE ONLY)
- Monthly BISxBIJ Events are continuing in 2016 around themes from Market Entry, Expanding Your Business Beyond Borders to Tourism Marketing in Japan
- Thu 6/23 Japan Insurance Professionals Burger meet-up [FULL]
- Business is Social x Business in Japan (New BIJ Event Series kick off!)
- Micro-meet up Dinner! BYO wine from your country (or favorite country)
- Japan Country Managers & Regional Heads peer meet up
- DEVILCRAFT CHICAGO PIZZA & CRAFT BEER MICRO MEETUP
- PR, Marketing & Communications Professionals Industry Meetup
- Business In Japan group on LinkedIn 5th Birthday
- From Teacher to Trainer – entrepreneurial training and business
- Tech Execs micro-networking event
- Preparing your business for another disaster & a Tokyo facing power cuts in Summer
- International Trade, Raw Commodities meet up
- Working from home in Japan
- GoodPeople & Japadamy’s joint ‘Drop-in anytime 12pm-8pm’ Bonenkai!
- GoodPeople & Windmill Networking Groups Joint Event
- International Trade Introduction: Steel, Scrap Steel, Iron Ore & Gold
- Viral Fish Market | Where Fish meets Viral Marketing
- ‘GGG’ – “Gotanda GoodPeople Gyouza night”
- Nepalese curry, home party (Hiroo)
- Business In Japan Night (Tokyo’s biggest ever business networking event)
- GoodPeople Japan Shinnenkai at 148 Hiroo!
- Tax In Japan (Individual and corporations/business)
- Gemstones, Diamonds, marketing – contact introductions
- iPhone applications – the opportunity
- Social Media – ideas and tools for personal brand & product marketing
- YMO Hospitality Japan lunch (group formed after)
- GoodPeople Japan – Connecting GoodPeople (regular)
- GoodPeople Japan – Micro-Networking Explained
- Wireless Broadband – WiMax/LTE/UWB and beyond
- Text to speech – what’s in Japan, what’s available?
Note that while these can be ‘presentations’ followed by discussion (where an authority is found and is happy to do a presentation) mostly GoodPeople events are casual, unstructured and primarily the theme is there to gather people interested in similar things & the excuse to meet. The concept of GoodPeople therefore better suits someone who proposed the event doing a short introduction about their reasons for interest & their experience, to start the ‘micro-event’ discussion off, although this is not at all mandatory.
- Build your own website to make money – for non-techies
- Offshore investment – navigating the Financial Advisor landscape
- Diamonds – the basics, what you need to know
- Recruiting GoodPeople in Japan – Using recruiters & avoiding using them
- Alternatives to an International school – best places to send your kids when fees are restrictive
- iPhone – a verbal owners manual (also in Japanese)
- Wing Chun Kung Fu – an Introduction
- Weapons of Northern China martial arts
- An introduction to Aikido
- Capoeira – martial art? game? music or dance?
- Sales Basics – how relevant are the masters in Japan?
- Sales in Japan (Series) – Sourcing & approach, presentation, closing & handling common objections, How do you close a sale in Japan?
- The mobile industry in Japan – content, access to carriers, experience sharing
- Starting a business in Japan – the first steps
- Shakai Hoken and the Japanese social security system
- Business Networking in Tokyo
- An introduction to Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Social Media in Japan
- Social Media – what’s it really all about and how can I use it in Japan?
- Is it time to change to a Mac?
- An introduction to IT Infrastructure
- ITIL – a look at the Foundation
- Data mining and optimizing web systems
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) – and it’s business applications
- Your health and your spine – more related than you think
- Nihonshu – love it or leave it? Make a decision based on your own knowledge & experience
- An Introduction to Tokyo – for longterm residents who have been ‘too busy’ (were to go, what to do)
- Creative writing and/or loving reading – for lovers of literature
- Hello, my name is….. Introduce yourself to GoodPeople (Inspired by ‘http://hellomynameisscott.com/landing.aspx’)
- Where do you want to go next? – travel locations; group brainstorming
- Shiraz or Syrah? For lovers of this “elixir of the gods”
- An introduction to cooking [insert your favourite ryouri (style of cooking) here]
- Podcasting – why listen, why take part, why make them?
- ‘Lean Office’ – simplicity and efficiency
- Freelancing in Japan – JLance-ing?
- China & Japan – Opportunities discussion
- What is a ‘reverse Merger?
- Digital SLR basics
- I don’t play guitar – (but I own one)
PROPOSE YOUR EVENT NOW! [how?]